Wednesday 14 May 2014

BOOKS: An especial Gift

While coming back from Hongkong, I had to buy a gift for my daughter. I was in a hurry and I know I couldn't go home without a bag full of Online Gifts in my hands, couldn't see that pretty innocent face disappointed. Gift shop, souvenir shop, book shop...I was randomly checking out anything and everything.

After wandering clueless, I saw a book store. The window display of the store was somehow so interesting that It took fraction of seconds for me to decide that I'll surely find something great here. Something I am looking for. That something which will bring a smile and joy on my daughter's face. Books are always very specific to the country's culture. So again its a story of hand picking gifts.

I found some lovely books on art, sketching and drawing. Knowing the talent in my little one, I picked up all 4 books of the series. I was overwhelmed. I wrote my feelings for my daughter on the first page of the book.

I have been getting books as gifts all my life. Whenever I manage my book shelves, I recall the moments, occasions (birthday) and the person who gifted them to me. Just by touching and reading the message written on the very first page, I go back in time when somebody shared his/ her emotions with me through these precious books. And if a book was gifted by myself, I used to write, “Belongs to Meeta.”



I love books. I moreover love that moment when you open one and sink into it, you can escape from the world into a story. For me books are a uniquely portable magic. The more you read, more you experience the magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment