Wednesday 14 May 2014

Cosmetic Hunt

We women...the hardest part of our shopping list apart from clothes and shoes is buying cosmetics. This is the biggest confusion we face while shopping.
Like they say,' “The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.”
Ohh !! what an ordeal, entering into a jungle of brands, national and international, the rows and lines of pretty looking bottles and boxes. You will find all the possible products. Endless hair creams, spa products, perfumes, fairness creams, sunscreen, shades and shades of nail paints, lip-color etc etc.

I thought I will go and find the product I am looking for but I was guided through the whole store like a tourist destination and plenty of suggestions to take these and use that.
Believe me end of the day I was frustrated and was pulling my hair. I wish the store could offer a head massage or a foot spa or I should rather buy a spa hamper. That’s all I needed that time. I came home with a bag full of cosmetics and a big bill in my pocket. There are cosmetics which I already had and half of them haven't been used since ever.




I have learned from my mistakes. I started reading, doing surveys about the products and after that I made a list of my basic requirements and the second list includes luxury indulgence. So every time I go for my cosmetic shopping I check my list first and buy only those which is required. One of the finest find was the lip balm from FORREST ESSENTIAL, the rose flavor, the natural cold-pressed body oils, the roll on from MARKS N SPENCER, the basic eye make-up from LAKME and REVLON. I have got all the daily doses of gorgeous. But I would say that cosmetics should never be used to hide oneself, It should be used to enhance one's natural beauty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment